At Blythedale, we believe parents and families are vital members of each child's treatment team. By working together, we help your child reach their maximum potential, meet treatment objectives and return home to your family and community.
- Seven days worth of clothing, including socks and pajamas. For infants, please note that clothing with snaps, rather than zippers, is best in the hospital setting.
- Important papers - We will make copies of your child's medical insurance or Medicaid card(s) and immunization record when you come to Blythedale. You can also have your pediatrician fax your child's immunization record to our Admissions office at (866) 734-2666. Please also bring your own photo ID.
- Photos - Pictures of family, friends, and even pets can make a child feel connected to home and more relaxed at Blythedale.
- A favorite object - You can bring a favorite blanket or stuffed animal for your child to cuddle, although we ask you to limit stuffed animals as they can clutter a crib or bed. Parents of babies may also bring a special crib mobile or musical crib attachment.
- Valuables & Money - We suggest you leave items such as jewelry, iPads, and other electronic devices at home. Each patient room at Blythedale has a flat-screen television. We cannot be responsible for the loss of any valuables.
- Medications - In most cases our on-site pharmacy will provide all of your child's medications. Please do not bring any medications to the hospital unless you are specifically asked to do so.
- Room decorations - Please remember that Blythedale is a hospital and patient safety is our primary concern. We are unable to accomodate wall decorations or more than one small suitcase worth of personal items.
Parking is free at Blythedale and we suggest parking in the lot closest to the Main Lobby (by the elephants). During busy times, free valet parking is available for your convenience.