At Blythedale, we believe parents and families are vital members of each child's treatment team. By working together, we help your child reach his or her maximum potential, meet treatment objectives and return home to your family and community.
- Seven days worth of clothing, including socks and pajamas. For infants, please note that clothing should have snaps, as opposed to zippers.
- Important papers - We will need copies of your child's birth certificate, Social Security card, medical insurance or Medicaid card(s) and immunization record when you come to Blythedale. You can also have your pediatrician fax your child's immunization record to our Admissions offce at (866) 734-2666.
- Photos - Pictures of family, friends, and even pets can make a child feel connected to home and more relaxed at Blythedale. There is an area at the bedside for you to display photo frames and cards.
- A favorite object - You can bring a favorite blanket or stuffed animal for your child to cuddle, although we ask you to limit stuffed animals as they can clutter a crib or bed. Parents of babies may also bring a special crib mobile or musical crib attachment.
- Valuables & Money - We suggest you leave items such as jewelry, iPads, and other electronic devices at home. Each patient room at Blythedale has a flat-screen television. Please do not keep large sums of cash in a patient room. We cannot be responsible for the loss of any valuables.
- Medications - You don't need to bring any medications with you to Blythedale. We will provide your child with everything he or she needs.
Parking is free at Blythedale and we suggest parking in the lot closest to the Main Lobby (by the elephants). During busy times, free valet parking is available for your convenience.