Members of the Hospital's medical team have released their top five tips for beating the cold:
- Stay inside. It's not safe for kids, especially those with special medical needs, to be outdoors in the frigid weather.
- While indoors, avoid large crowds to prevent the possible spread of germs from person to person.
- Wash your hands, frequently, to avoid infections like the common cold or the flu.
- Clothing layers are your friend and key to staying warm (if you must venture outside).
- Plan a trip to a warm vacation destination.