Getting Started in Research & BATMAN
The BATMAN service is intended to help investigators with study design, analysis and funding.
Discovering and Testing the Best Therapies for Children with Disabilities
Research is how new therapies are developed, but it can feel like a daunting process at times. Biostatistical Analysis and Trial MANagement (BATMAN) is here to help!
When planning a new study:
- Build the best possible design and approach
- Develop an easy way to store and process data
- Understand the best way to analyze and present study findings
Specifically, BATMAN can help you:
- Design new research studies
- Plan and write IRB protocols
- Plan and write grants
- Build an easy-to-use database, and teach you how to use it
- Plan and run statistical analysis on your data
- Edit research papers and make graphics to display your data
- Feel less overwhelmed by the process of doing excellent research!
Dr. Kathleen Friel (aka BATMAN) has a PhD in neurophysiology and a MS in biostatistics, specializing in patient-oriented research. She directs CP research at Blythedale and at the Burke Medical Research Institute. Dr. Friel can be reached at (914) 368-3116 or email@example.com
Please click here
for a printable version of the BATMAN brochure.
For those interested in learning more about getting started in research, or how to turn an idea in to a study, please click here
, or contact us at (914) 592-7555, ext. 71383 or firstname.lastname@example.org
©2014 Blythedale Children's Hospital. All contents of this site are the express property of Blythedale Children's Hospital and may not be reproduced without our express written permission.