Patients & Families
Cold and Flu Season
October 2, 2014
Cold and Influenza season is rapidly approaching and Blythedale takes a proactive approach to preventing transmission of disease to our patients and staff and visitors. Be mindful of any individual who exhibits respiratory symptoms. Respiratory etiquette must be practiced by all individuals:
- Do not visit a patient if you are sick, especially with a respiratory illness.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow
- Wash your hands after coughing, blowing your nose and /or sneezing
- Wear a mask when caring for a child who is coughing, sneezing or exhibiting cold symptoms. Infection Control policy requires this in accordance with Standard Precautions procedures.
- Parents (and patients): Ask your caregivers if they have washed their hands before they provide care or touch anything in your room.
©2014 Blythedale Children's Hospital. All contents of this site are the express property of Blythedale Children's Hospital and may not be reproduced without our express written permission.